[brailleblaster] Re: Revised frramework for BrailleBlaster

  • From: François Ouellette <braille@xxxxxxx>
  • To: brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2012 13:55:23 -0400

I think the main point here is that we should not pick one over the
other for "ease of use by the user", since users should not be
involved with the internals of an application program.

If they want to edit a style and set a number of empty lines before a
paragraph, the GUI shows them something that allows them to set the
value, not the actual content of the properties file to edit!

The same as if you to create or change a style in Microsoft Word, you
deal with user-oriented popups with drop-down lists and checkboxes,
not creating the underlying parameter values used by the software.

JSON stands in between properties files and XML and may be good enough
for most needs, XML is more robust and follows a strict standard. JSON
is most useful with HTML.

But it's probably just me, based on 40 years of software development
experience...

F.