[brailleblaster] Re: Revised frramework for BrailleBlaster

  • From: François Ouellette <braille@xxxxxxx>
  • To: brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2012 08:07:13 -0400

Looks like a good plan.

My only comment would be the use of "properties files", to my view it
would be better to use XML files, which would have a lot more
flexibility in defining structures and dependencies between
parameters, especially if we need to create a model of a document with
headers, paragraphs, etc.

I can imagine the difficulties in creating properties names and values
to describe heading levels, paragraph spacing, etc. The document model
in XML would also be a lot more detailed as a support to the editing
functions than properties. XML structures can be searched with XPath,
whereas java properties require loops to scan a list of text values.

All modern text editors use XML as a support and storage technology.
Java properties were designed to keep key-value pairs only.

My 2 cents.

F.