[brailleblaster] Re: LiblouisUTDML and backtranslate string

  • From: Michael Whapples <mwhapples@xxxxxxx>
  • To: brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2014 09:48:57 +0000

My understanding was that the project was to build a tool for producing Braille documents. Maintaining the original text and indexing it with translated Braille I believe is to remove the need for backtranslation, whilst allowing synchronisation of text and Braille (eg. for embossers with ink and Braille, to know where edited Braille is, etc).

May be things moved on without me knowing and may be backtranslation is part of the project scope now. If it is may be someone could explain how it fits in.

Michael Whapples
On 24/01/2014 09:43, Larry Skutchan wrote:
Isn't a reliable back translation one of the premises we build this project on?