[brailleblaster] Re: LiblouisUTDML and backtranslate string

  • From: Larry Skutchan <lskutchan@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2014 13:34:47 +0000

You make some great points. It is one of those things that a blind user
naturally wants to do, but perhaps a reading system app would be more
appropriate for that. It seems like opening a BRF has about as much value as
opening a plain text file. Braille Blaster is designed to work with structured
content, and neither of those provides much in that area. There are plenty of
other tools out there to convert simple files to include a bit more structure,
so I agree we should be focusing resources on meeting the unique requirements
of this project.
Can you elaborate on the following:
What about bringing liblouisutdml semantic action files into a state to match
the format specification rather than document instances (