[bookshare-discuss] Re: scanners

  • From: Guido Corona <guidoc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 13:14:12 -0500

It all depends who refurbished it.  If the scanner where offered by the
manufacturer I would not have any problems purchasing one.  Furthermore, I
suspect that these so-called refurbished EPSON scanners are in fact simply
new scanners that have been withdrawn.  For example,  just as the old 1660
was withdrawn,  it was offered in considerable quantities at 30 cents on
the dollar.  I just can't believe that all unsold 1660s went bad all of a
sudden and had to be repaired and refurbished.  Yes,  refurbs come only
with a 90 days warranty,  but they are also so much cheaper than the 'new'
ones.
If you can buy last year's work-horse for the price of today's runt,  why
not go for it?
Guido

Guido D. Corona
IBM Accessibility Center,  Austin Tx.
IBM Research,
Phone:  (512) 838-9735
Email: guidoc@xxxxxxxxxxx

Visit my weekly Accessibility WebLog at:
http://www-3.ibm.com/able/weblog/corona_weblog.html

Louise
Sent by:
05/26/2004 10:31 AM
Please respond to
bookshare-discuss

<bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[bookshare-discuss] Re: scanners

Would you personally buy a refurbished  scanner or a new one?