[bookshare-discuss] scanners

  • From: "Sandra E. Smith" <sandy.knits@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 07:30:52 -0400

I thought perhaps some of you veteran scanners could  advise me here.  I
have a computer I bought a few months ago with Windows XP;  I am running
Window-Eyes and Open Book, the latest version, whatever that is.  The old
scanner I have is just not working.  I want to buy a new scanner.  Is there
one any of you would recommend?  Is there such a thing as a scanner that
also is a printer? This may opening up a can of worms here, but I am
wondering if any of you have recently used scanning programs other than Open
Book and what your experience has been.  I am, to say the   least, not
pleased with Freedom Scientifics' tech support, and would like to get away
from that company.  If you would prefer to write to me privately about this,
please do so at

sandy.knits@xxxxxxxxxxx

Sandy