[bookshare-discuss] Re: scanners

  • From: Guido Corona <guidoc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 17:30:48 -0500

Sandy,  you may also want to consider a refurbished EPSON 2400 available
directly from EPSON for only $99.  This is a very heavyduty scanner that
costed approx $250 when it was first introduced on the market.  Here is
the URL:
http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/consumer/consDetail.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&oid=31061924
Refurb units are also available on current models:
3170 for $159 instead of $199.
1670 for $79 instead of $99.

Guido

Guido D. Corona
IBM Accessibility Center,  Austin Tx.
IBM Research,
Phone:  (512) 838-9735
Email: guidoc@xxxxxxxxxxx

Visit my weekly Accessibility WebLog at:
http://www-3.ibm.com/able/weblog/corona_weblog.html

Lisa Hall
Sent by:
05/25/2004 04:58 PM
Please respond to
bookshare-discuss

<bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[bookshare-discuss] Re: scanners

Hi Sandy,

I use Openbook 7 with a new scanner from Lexmark 1100 series.  When I
bought
the scanner, I wasn't sure if it would work with Open Book.  After
installing the scanner, I had to tell Open Book that I was using the
original driver that came with the scanner.  To my surprise it worked. I
haven't had any problem with it.  I don't know if Kurzweil 1000 would work
with that scanner.  I looked on the Kurzweil site and did not see my model
number list.