[bookshare-discuss] Re: The Stream and the UAK

  • From: "Mayrie ReNae" <mrenae@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2008 18:55:03 -0700

Hi Roger,

        I know that this message is a bit late, but I navigate in a way that
is different from what people have told you to do, because, for some unknown
computer crazy reason, my computer doesn't like to do the alt-tab thing and
resume proper focus.  Perhaps this is your problem too?  If you don't mind
another suggestion, you can try the following.  If you do mind, by all
means, delete this message!

        Copy the file you want to put onto your card to the clipboard
Plug in your card reader
Go to my computer to make sure that the card reader and the card show up by
hitting enter on the drive letter of the card reader and making sure that
what is on your flash card is what you think it should be.
Go ahead and close "my computer."
Now, to paste to the card, which is where I have to do things differently
than everyone else seems to have to do.
Go to the taskbar by going first to the desktop, then tabbing twice which
will sit you on the taskbar
Right arrow until you see the letter of your removable drive.
Hit enter there.
 Now you should see a list of the folders on the card
Hit enter on the folder that you want to paste your file into.  This might
take a couple of enters if your folder is more than one level deep.  Once
the desired folder is open, press and hold the control key and then the
letter v to paste your copied file or files into that folder.
Windows should tell you that it is copying.

I do the copy and paste thing this way because I can't always altTab into a
window and have the focus be right, or the paste command achieve what I want
it to that way.  I don't have a problem when I do what I have described.
Good luck, and sorry if this has been more useless help.

Mayrie