[bookshare-discuss] Re: The Stream and the UAK

  • From: Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2008 18:16:04 EDT

It's not working. I have the card reader plugged up with the card in it. I
have gone to "my computer" and followed the links to the Bookshare file I want
to transfer. I then did a control c. Then I alt tabbed. I returned to this
email. I alt tabbed again and I went back to the file I was trying to transfer.
 I tried doing the control c and navigating back to "my computer" to do the
pasting there, but I cannot find what I am supposed to transfer to. Where am I
 going wrong? In a message dated 8/17/2008 1:19:26 P.M. Pacific Daylight
Time,  patferguson@xxxxxxxxx writes:

Hi  Roger, and Everyone,

You have the instructions correct, accept for the  fact that after you
alt-tab to your card window, and you will see your Stream  folders on that
card, you
need  to  find the folder you want to put  that file in, and then you do a
control-V to paste it in that folder. Now,  once this process has been done,
and
you have put all your files on the card,  that you want, please follow my

It is very important  to follow these next instructions, when you have
finished copying files on the  card, and you want to put it back in the Stream
listen to your BookShare  books.

1. Backspace once so that you are in the "my computer"  window.

2. You should have your cursor on the drive letter of your SD  card.

3. Press the context menu button, which is to the left, of your  right
control key.

4. Arrow down until you hear the word  "Eject."

5. Press Enter.

6. Do an Alt-F4 to close that  window.

7. Now you can remove your card reader with the SD card in it  from your
computer.

We might be gone fishing! Depending on the  wind, so if you call me on my
cell, I'll be in the boat, I hope! <grin>  lol.

If we catch lots of fish, we'll have a fish fry tonight! You are  all
invited! <grin> lol. I have potato salad, and even a Roast is  cooking in the
crockpot. We'll be serving cold drinks as well! <grin>  lol.

Bring your favorite BookShare book! <grin> lol.

Oh, I  wonder if we can fit everyone in the boat! <grin> lol.

Pat  Ferguson
At 02:55 PM 8/17/2008, you wrote:

Okay everyone, I  seem to have found it. I had it there all along, but I did
not know that it  was a card reader. I am making some definite progress. I
just talked to Pat  on the phone and she instructed me on how to insert the
card
and she was  going on to walk me through the rest of the transfer process.
Unfortunately,  though, I was unable to find the USB port to plug it into. That
is caused by  the simple fact of not plugging things into USB ports much in the
past and  my lack of eyesight. I should be able to get past that hurtle in
the late  afternoon or early evening when someone who can see gets here to
physically  show me. Now, someone might post specific instructions to me as to
what
to  do next. I think I have it, but I have not actually done it so I might be
 missing something. If I understand correctly I open up "my computer" and
select the file I want to transfer with the arrow keys. I then do a control  C
to add it to the clip board. Then I alt tab and I should see something  that
tells me that I am connected to the SD card. Then I select the file on  the
card
I want to put it on and do a control V. If I understand correctly  the task
has then been accomplished. If I am missing something let me know.  And
remember, I am a computer illiterate -- well, almost; I have been  learning a
lot
lately -- so answer me as if I am a complete idiot. In a  message dated
8/17/2008
11:27:04 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,  Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx writes:

If I do I sure haven't found it yet. In a message dated 8/17/2008  7:55:58
A.M. Pacific Daylight Time, patferguson@xxxxxxxxx writes:

Hi Everyone!

Roger Baily already has a card reader which he purchased from us  when he
purchased the Victor Reader Stream. He shouldn't need another  one. It is
labeled
in braille.

Pat Ferguson

At 08:43 AM 8/17/2008, you wrote:

You might, but I don't know if our local Walmart has them.  I  usually bought
mine at Best Buy and office max.

Mine were $20

Shelley L. Rhodes, M.A., VRT

And Guinevere: Golden Lady Guide Dog