[bookshare-discuss] Re: The Stream and the UAK

  • From: Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2008 22:53:12 EDT

Let me qualify that. As a computer illiterate I should know better than to
make such definite statements. I should say that as far as I know my computer
does not have a card reader. The manual does not mention one, at least as far
as  the also computer illiterate with the working eyes who has looked at it
can  tell. I have, by touch, examined the computer carefully for any small slot
that  might be a card reader and that fellow computer illiterate with the
working eyes  has also examined it visually and we did not find anything that
seemed likely to  be a card reader. In case we are missing something you might
advise me about  where to look. In a message dated 8/16/2008 7:25:35 P.M.
Pacific
Daylight Time,  Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx writes:

That is not an option for me. My computer does not have a card reader. If  it
did I would have tried that a long time ago. In a message dated 8/16/2008
5:26:45 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, suemangis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

I had difficulty  getting an RFB&D book to transfer to the stream with the
companion. I  kept getting an error message. What did work, place the SD card
in
the card  reader. Go to my computer, and create a file for the book on the SD
card.  Next open the CD and highlight and copy all the files from the book
and  paste them into your new folder. I hope this helps.
Sue Mangis