[bookshare-discuss] Re: The Stream and the UAK

  • From: Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2008 15:55:46 EDT

Okay everyone, I seem to have found it. I had it there all along, but I did
not know that it was a card reader. I am making some definite progress. I just
 talked to Pat on the phone and she instructed me on how to insert the card
and  she was going on to walk me through the rest of the transfer process.
Unfortunately, though, I was unable to find the USB port to plug it into. That
is caused by the simple fact of not plugging things into USB ports much in the
past and my lack of eyesight. I should be able to get past that hurtle in the
 late afternoon or early evening when someone who can see gets here to
physically  show me. Now, someone might post specific instructions to me as to
what
to do  next. I think I have it, but I have not actually done it so I might be
missing  something. If I understand correctly I open up "my computer" and
select the file  I want to transfer with the arrow keys. I then do a control C
add it to the  clip board. Then I alt tab and I should see something that
tells me that I am  connected to the SD card. Then I select the file on the
card I
want to put it on  and do a control V. If I understand correctly the task has
then been  accomplished. If I am missing something let me know. And remember,
I am a  computer illiterate -- well, almost; I have been learning a lot
lately -- so  answer me as if I am a complete idiot. In a message dated
8/17/2008
11:27:04  A.M. Pacific Daylight Time, Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx writes:

If I do I sure haven't found it yet. In a message dated 8/17/2008 7:55:58
A.M. Pacific Daylight Time, patferguson@xxxxxxxxx writes:

Hi  Everyone!

Roger Baily already has a card reader which he purchased  from us when he
purchased the Victor Reader Stream. He shouldn't need  another one. It is
labeled
in braille.

Pat Ferguson

At  08:43 AM 8/17/2008, you wrote:

You might, but I don't know if  our local Walmart has them.  I usually bought
mine at Best Buy and  office max.

Mine were $20

Shelley L.  Rhodes, M.A., VRT
And Guinevere: Golden Lady Guide Dog