[bookshare-discuss] Re: So what is wrong with the Stream companion?

  • From: Ann Parsons <akp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2008 21:26:55 -0400

Hi Roger and all,

Roger, sending you hugs! If your method works, then by all means do not fix it! If the Stream companion is working for you, then let it do its thing!

We, who are old hands at file transfers and moving folders and files around our computers, find the Stream Companion cumbersome. We're used to doing it the old, manual way, and we just do it and don't even think about it. The Stream Companion software gets in our way.

However, you don't have this long-time background to rely on, so the Stream Companion meets your needs. You go, guy! If it works, by all means don't fix it. That's the beautiful thing about computers. There are multiple ways to do things. They all work, and nothing's right or wrong. This confuses some students, and when I discover this, I teach one method and say, if you learn this, stick to it. If a student finds a method he/she likes better, I don't argue. Glad it worked for you. Have a great evening!

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring