[bookshare-discuss] Re: Just Submitted

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 23:42:17 -0700 (PDT)

but I think we can, if we give the attribution, use
parts of the synopses that are on the cover flaps.

The title of the book intrigued me. I went to the
library catalog-now they're posting reviews from the
Library Journal and Publishers' Weekly. The former's
wasn't up yet, but the latter wasn't particularly
flattering.

I've become very suspicious of reviews by other
authors of the same genre. I've noticed that they're
never negative. I suppose they don't want to "dis"
another author because they want the same positive
reviews from them for their next book. Also, a friend
of my daughter's is a published author. The rave
reviews her first book got were from her fellow
classmates, who have also published novels, from the
UC Irvine Writer;s program.

Cindy