[bookport] Re: getting a case for bookport

  • From: "Scott Learned" <learnedtechnology@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 10:41:51 -0700

Hi Grant,
sounds to me that your biggest issue was the cost due to the Canadian
conversion charge. Your comment on the keys not having protection is surely
not true. The front of the BP is protected by a leather flap that covers the
keys like a book. As for the case not having storage for earbuds, there is
no mention of an earbud pocket in the product description. Assuming you
already knew this, you weren't obligated to buy it.
I would hope you would have your facts straight before posting
misinformation to the list about the Book Port case, especially when there
are others that may be looking for something to protect their investment.

It is your right to have an oppinion, but highly not recommending a product
that doesn't meet  your needs such as no earbud pocket isn't a justified
reason to give the BP case a bad review.

Highly recommended!

New! "TurtleBack" Book Port Form-Fitted Leather Case with Strap!!!

Features:

TurtleBack has created a form-fitted custom leather case for the Book Port
by APH (American Printing House). This case fits snuggly around your unit
and
allows easy access to all buttons on the front. The case has been designed
to enable the user to easily utilize the Book Port while the case is on the
unit, and allows the unit to be carried on a comfortable strap. The case has
a flap to protect the buttons and the compact flash card slot. The face of
the flap is covered with a zipper pocket. The zipper pocket can hold two
compact flash cards. The zipper pocket flap may be flipped behind the unit
and
will secure to the opposite side of the case. The unit may be used in the
open position while walking, sitting or simply standing. The case is form
fitted
to allow access to the headset jack and USB port. The case is manufactured
with high quality leather to provide durable outer protection. This case
comes
with 2 types of straps. A wrist strap about 8 inches long and a shoulder
strap that can be adjusted. The case also has a leather covered belt clip on
the
back of the unit.

https://www.executiveproductsinc.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=51&products_id=237&osCsid=681be80caf212924acc1e32c03626083

I think it is a wonderful product and wouldn't use my BP without it.

Scott