[bookport] Re: Webbraille

  • From: Chris Hill <hillco@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 07:36:14 -0600

Yes, they can be sort of translated into text.  Braille often uses
context to determine the meaning of symbols, so an exact
backtranslation is impossible.  An example is when popular mechanics
talks about a v6 engine, it is written as v numbersign 6, which looks
like vbl e f to a back translator.

You have to sign up with your regional library in order to get a
password.