[bookport] Webbraille

  • From: DanFlasar@xxxxxxx
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 23:34:30 EST

Hi all,
      I'm not a braille user but I'm curious about  Web Braille.  If I'm
right, the NLS provides some books encoded in braille  for downloading.   Since
braille is an alternate coding for  alphabetical and grammatical symbols, it
seems that Web Braille is actually a  precursor to digital books,since Web
Braille books are downloadable as files.  Who can gain access to those files -
anyone eligible to use the Talking Books  program?  And if so, can these files
be
translated into text once  downloaded?
     Just exactly is available in Web Braille?
    Thanks for your comments,
Dan