[bookport] Re: Opinion Needed

  • From: Sandy Licht <slicht@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2005 09:46:07 -0600

When I first got my Bookport, I installed the batteries incorrectly with no
resulting damage.

At 06:42 PM 2/3/2005, you wrote:
>Hello folks.
>
>Actually, polarity sensing is a trivial problem from a hardware standpoint,
>requiring only minimal components to prevent damage from wrongly-positioned
>batteries. In fact, in most battery-operated equipment sold these days, it
>is difficult to damage anything by placing batteries in the wrong direction.
>For all I know, the Springer design people may already have this common
>diode-based protection built in to the device. While I don't suggest that
>anyone test this hypothesis, it would be useful to know if the BookPort can
>be damanged by incorrectly positioned batteries. I would be quite surprised
>if any damage at all would result.
>
>Someone asked why so many manufacturers have gone to uniquely clips. Easy!
>Fewer components, less expensive.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Jerry

Sandy Licht
Phone: 409-898-8218
Jeremiah 29:11 - 14A
are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.
12In those days when you pray, I will listen. 13If you look for me in earnest,
you will find me when you seek me. 14I will be found by you," says the
LORD...