[bookport] Re: Opinion Needed

  • From: "ptorpey" <ptorpey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 15:59:13 -0500

Now that you mention it, I haven't seen springs on an electronic device
in many years.  Why is this?  Is there a reliability problem with
springs?
Personally, I've never had a spring break, and much prefer springs since
they definitely establish the battery orientation.  I am always afraid
that I'll put the batteries in the wrong way with clips and am very
careful to keep the old batteries in the original orientation as I take
them out of the Bookport and replace them with new batteries.  In this
way, I have a template to follow.

Maybe someday an electronics guru will figure out a simple sensing
system to automatically figure out which side is which of the batteries
and direct the current accordingly!  Now, wouldn't that be a great idea
- Put the batteries in any way you wish!

-- Pete