[bookport] Re: Harry Potter #7

  • From: Bruce Toews <DogRiver@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 01:43:47 -0500 (CDT)

Have you ever had hands-on involvement in putting an audio book together?

Bruce

--
Bruce Toews
Skype ID: o.canada

On Sat, 21 Jul 2007, David Tanner wrote:

Well, my guess is that bookshare.org will have it available for download by the
end of the day on Sunday, if not before.

You don't seem to understand, the sighted world will attempt to convince you
that it costs more to create that audio book than it does the paper book.  And,
they really believe that the blind and others who use audio books are stupid
enough to believe them.  But, the real idea is to charge people whatever the
market is willing to pay for a product.  So, if you like the author's book you
should be willing to pay whatever markup he/she and the bookstore wantsfor the
book.