Re: Itunes

  • From: "Darrell Shandrow" <nu7i@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcasting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2006 13:45:13 -0700

Hi Gary,

It is always a balancing act. Screen readers allow us access to computers. These companies must certainly continue doing their part to develop and implement technologies that make our technology lives more accessible. On the other hand, mainstream tech companies must also do the right thing by meeting us the other halfway, reasonably accomodating accessibility needs. We must ask and insist on it if necessary, finally using the available laws when appropriate as the very last resort.

By and large, at this time, the blind community simply lacks the will to get serious about accessibility issues. The consumer organizations and others are quite frankly paralyzed to do anything significant. So long as that's the case, we're stuck and inaccessibility is getting worse for us on practically a second by second basis!

----- Original Message ----- From: "Gary Wood" <k8hlx@xxxxxxxxxxx>