[blind-democracy] Re: What Irony!

  • From: Alice Dampman Humel <alicedh@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blind-democracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2015 12:03:07 -0400

hauling out the bully buzz word accusation is often the response of someone who
is losing or has lost an argument, and I think sometimes it is so knee-jerk a
response, it is not even conscious…you know the old, IMO untrue statement: the
best defense is a good offense…both untrue and dirty pool, IMO...
On Sep 17, 2015, at 8:07 PM, Roger Loran Bailey (Redacted sender
"rogerbailey81" for DMARC) <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Here's a laugh for you. Recently I made a comment on the Bookshare list that
I think science fiction that pushes religion makes for poor writing.
Actually, I think that any attempt to use fiction to push religion results in
poor writing, but the topic was specifically about science fiction. Well,
that caused several people to start emailing me to bash me over the head with
religion, bash me over the head and engage in name calling and insults too. I
have a policy anymore of standing up to religious bullies even if not on the
same level as they launch their attacks. I just respond to them using reason
to show them where they are going wrong. Well, I backed one of them into a
corner today and he had no response to the logic trap I set for him. Wouldn't
you know it. He calls me a bully and breaks off communication. Take note that
I did not contact him or any of these people. I only responded to what they
were saying to me, though in a much more civil manner than they did. Yet,
somehow I am the bully?