[blind-democracy] Re: What Irony!

  • From: Miriam Vieni <miriamvieni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blind-democracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2015 20:40:20 -0400

Well, I read some of those interchanges, and then I stopped reading them.
And I am not taking the side of the proponents of religious science fiction
which, to me, with my lack of knoledge of science fiction, does sound like a
contradiction in terms, anyway. But I can explain why this person, or
others, perceived you as a bully. The reason is that you gave your opinion
of religion when no one asked for it. No one was discussing the value or
validity of religion. In fact, most of them feel that their religious
beliefs are part of their identity. So when you say something negative about
religion in general, it feels to them, like a personal attack. And to add
insult to injury, you expressed a negative opinion about religion
gratuitously. So they felt attacked by you or bullied by you, and it seemed
to them, to just come out of the blue.