[bksvol-discuss] Re: stepping back a bit from volunteering

  • From: Elizabeth and Burton <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2007 17:42:46 -0500

You may also want to pray that bookshare puts the kicked back books somewhere at either the top or bottom of step 1 so the dedicated volunteer does not have to input each book separately or scroll through the whole list. The other things may fix themselves some over the next few months things like giving folks info about how to input multiple authors, how to deal with an author listed as editor, not to include Dr. MD PHD or other "titles" and so forth. I am not quitting volunteering merely doing less so I can devote more time to my business and can go away on vacation.

E.  At 05:28 PM 1/3/2007, you wrote:
Elizabeth, I can understand needing a break. I am grateful for your work with Bookshare, and I know others are too. Maybe getting some rest and taking time to do some reading for fun where you don't have to fix anything will help. Spring will be coming along in 3 short months, and you'll be able to work in your garden again. I will pray that you find a way to rest and feel better.

Monica Willyard

At 05:15 PM 1/3/2007, you wrote:
Folks I am releasing some books. I am doing so because I realize I need to take a break from volunteering. The phone call with Gustavo was the final straw. Perhaps I should have emailed him rather than trying to have a conversation. I will finish what I am working on and then only take on things very selectively.