[bksvol-discuss] Re: stepping back a bit from volunteering

  • From: Elizabeth and Burton <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2007 17:54:39 -0500

There are a great many areas in which person can volunteer. One is bookshare. But there are others. I want to give time to local issues in my community I think need some volunter time. These include putting time into getting decent lights and audible pedestrian signals on one of our main streets. Yet another person was hurt yesterday by being run into by a car.

I may be too close to bookshare but I am increasingly concerned about the relationship between staff and volunteers. The end result seems to be confused volunteers, confused about a variety of things over what seems to me to be a long period. My being very active may simply annoy the bookshare staff at this point and serve no useful purpose. I will continue to work more slowly but will still volunteer. I care deeply about bookshare and the volunteer community we have created.

E.