[bksvol-discuss] Re: rtf files and MS Word

  • From: "Lynn I" <lynnskyi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 21:20:53 -0600

Hi Melissa!

This happened to me when I downloaded a book of Valerie's. The file was
huge. It was like the machine locked up. After it was copied into another
document and saved as an RTF file, it became much smaller and still retained
all of the formatting in terms of page breaks, font styles, page numbering,
etc. Valerie had used Word 2007, so she and I both thought it was because of
all of the formatting and controls characters added by Word 2007. I've not
had this happened with Word 2003, but that must be what's happened for you.

--

Blessings.

Lynnsky

"To deny the need for and the teaching of Braille is to limit choice. It
inhibits one's freedom. You can never choose to use what you have not
learned."
(A Lynn I original quotation.)