[bksvol-discuss] January Author News from Writerspace!

  • From: "Jamie Yates, CPhT" <mirxtech@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bookshare Volunteers <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 22:20:00 -0500

WRITERSPACE WELCOMES NEW AUTHORS!
Erin Quinn! Erin is just the average girl next door in Gilbert, Arizona
where she lives with her husband, two daughters and three dogs (all of whom
have made debuts in her stories--the dogs, that is, not the husband and
kids.) In HAUNTING BEAUTY, Danni Smith's little dog is based on Erin's
devoted mutt who sleeps at her feet every morning when she writes. For more
information and book excerpts, visit http://www.erinquinn.info.
Sabrina Jeffries! In the last 10 years, New York Times bestselling author
Sabrina Jeffries has penned 17 Regency romances and four novellas, becoming
a regular on both the New York Times and USA Today bestseller lists and
winning more than a dozen industry awards in the process. Today, there are
more than 3 million Sabrina Jeffries books in print. She writes at her home
in Cary, N.C., where she lives with husband, Rene, and their son, Nick. Her
latest series, The Hellions of Halstead Hall, begins with THE TRUTH ABOUT
LORD STONEVILLE February 2010. For more information and book excerpts, visit
http://www.sabrinajeffries.com.
Helen Scott Taylor! When Helen was young, her teachers accused her of being
away with the fairies. Things haven't changed much! Only now, the fairies
are tall and sexy and they live in her MAGIC KNOT fantasy series rather than
just in her head. The second book THE PHOENIX CHARM is available now. Also
look out for THE FROST FAIRY and THE FEAST OF BEAUTY (in THE MAMMOTH BOOK OF
IRISH ROMANCE) —two novellas due out in 2010. Helen resides in South Western
England with her husband, two teenagers, two Shih Tzus, and a cat who rules
the household with a velvet paw. She believes deep within everyone there's a
little magic. For more information and book excerpts, visit
http://www.helenscotttaylor.com.
Sharon Ashwood! Sharon Ashwood is a free-lance journalist, novelist, desk
jockey and enthusiast for the weird and spooky. She has an English
literature degree but works as a finance geek. Interests include growing her
to-be-read pile and playing with the toy graveyard on her desk. As a
vegetarian, she freely admits the whole vampire/werewolf lifestyle fantasy
would never work out, so she writes paranormal romances instead. RAVENOUS
was her first book in The Dark Forgotten series and book number two in the
series, SCORCHED, was released in December. For more information, visit
http://www.sharonashwood.com.
Sherrill Bodine! Sherrill Bodine's #1 passion is her family; her second is
writing. When her children were young she sold stories to Home Life, Fate,
Wabash and True Confessions magazines. 15 novels followed for Lynx,
Harlequin and Fawcett. Whenever she can, Sherrill travels — she never knows
where she'll find a great story idea! In the last year she's been in South
Africa, London, Vermont, Florida, California, Venice, Malta and Milan. TALK
OF THE TOWN was Cosmopolitan Magazine's choice for "Red Hot Read" in their
February '09 issue. Her latest book, A BLACK TIE AFFAIR was released this
month. For more information, visit http://www.sherrillbodine.com.

JANUARY AUTHOR NEWS
Stella Cameron
 Stella Cameron has been hard at work on a new paranormal series, Court of
Angels. The first book, OUT OF BODY will be released on March 1, 2010 and
Stella has much planned for this release. One of Stella's beloved
characters, Wazoo from the Bayou Books, will be tweeting about the
happenings around the Court of Angels at http://twitter.com/CourtOfAngels
And one of Stella's Facebook Fans will have the opportunity to win an
uncorrected, copy-edited manuscript of OUT OF BODY. Become a Stella Cameron
Facebook Fan to get your chance to win.
http://www.stellacameron.com

Jayne Ann Krentz
 Jayne Ann Krentz is thrilled by the reception readers gave FIRED UP, Book
One in the Dreamlight Trilogy. In fact, she is so excited that she's giving
away an Advance Reader Copy of Book Two in the Dreamlight Trilogy, BURNING
LAMP by Amanda Quick, to one of her Facebook Fans. Join Jayne on Facebook
for your chance to win.
http://www.jayneannkrentz.com

Elizabeth Lowell
Hope this note finds you happy, healthy, and not too stressed.
Right now I'm busy with the copy-edited manuscript of DEATH ECHO, a St.
Kilda book which will be out in May. As the time comes closer, people on my
mailing list will be receiving teasers, cover, and more teasers.
You guessed it. I love to tease!
May you read and enjoy many books this year, no matter what format you find
them in.
http://www.elizabethlowell.com

Susan Elizabeth Phillips
 To celebrate the newly released mass market paperback edition of WHAT I DID
FOR LOVE, Susan Elizabeth Phillips will be giving away an autographed copy
to THREE lucky winners. To sign up for your chance to win, visit Susan's
website. As a special BONUS prize: Susan is also having a drawing for a
$50.00 gift certificate to the bookstore of your choice with the winner to
be selected from those who've signed up to be her FACEBOOK fan. Click here
to become a fan.
Anxious for Susan's next book? Here's what Susan has to say: The bad
news-I'm not done writing it. The good news-This is the book you've been
waiting for. Ted's book. As in...Ted Beaudine. As in, "little Teddy," the
nine-year-old heartbreak kid from FANCY PANTS. As in, "young Ted," the new
college graduate in LADY BE GOOD. You were smitten. So was I. It was time.
But Ted needed a heroine as wonderful as he is. Someone like Lucy Jorik from
FIRST LADY, who seems to be his perfect match. But these two are so mature.
So smart. So completely together. So...boring. Something needed to happen to
"un-perfect" Ted and Lucy. And that "something" is the appearance of Meg
Koranda. You first met Meg as a baby in GLITTER BABY, and then later as a
young woman in WHAT I DID FOR LOVE. Only as she swept into "Ted's Book"
(which is still untitled) did I realize I had two books-"Lucy's Book" and
"Meg's Book." One of those is also "Ted's Book." A Sneak Peek at chapter one
is included in the back of the newly released paperback edition of WHAT I
DID FOR LOVE. Until then, I'm not saying another word... Except... I'm
having the time of my life!
http://www.susanelizabethphillips.com

Sherrill Bodine
 The famous Palmer House Hotel in Chicago generously gave me the launch
party for my new book, A BLACK TIE AFFAIR, on January 7. It was also the day
of the worse blizzard of the season - dire predictions of 12 inches of snow
and high winds - but 170 of my friends fought their way through the elements
to celebrate with me. I wish you all could have been there. I'll be writing
more about it on "Let's Dish" and there are pictures at
www.sherrillbodine.com
http://www.sherrillbodine.com

Sandy Blair
 This year Sandy Blair, along with other bestselling authors like Lori
Wilde, will be teaching a variety of on-line writing courses at
www.StoryStewUniversity.com <http://www.storystewuniversity.com/>. Courses
range from 100-400 level, are interactive, highly informative and very
affordable. Just click on the link to view the current schedule and
register.
And her new novella MacDuff's Secret is available in anthology THE MAMMOTH
BOOK OF TIME TRAVEL ROMANCE in stores and on-line.
http://www.sandyblair.net

Robyn Carr
 Come away with me....
Deep in the mountains of Northern California, nestled in the redwoods, there
is a little town. There are about a hundred houses, a bar and grill, a
church and a small clinic. Including the outlying ranches and farms the
total population is around six hundred. The rivers are wide and deep, the
trees are monument-size, wildlife is plentiful and the mountain vistas are
breathtaking. But it's not an easy place — life off the grid is very rural,
very rugged. People have to depend on each other, sometimes to make the days
a little easier to bear, sometimes for their very survival. It takes a
special person to make a life there, but when people find this little town,
they don't ever want to leave.
The town is called Virgin River.
Heroes with their own roots in the military, where honor, courage and
loyalty are the guts of life, stepped onto the page to be coupled with
independent, driven women looking for a fresh start. In story after story
the men of Virgin River work together to love and protect their women and
the women, strong women with vision, inspire them.
FORBIDDEN FALLS marks the ninth Virgin River Novel, closely followed by
ANGEL'S PEAK and MOONLIGHT ROAD. So many find a home there, so much magic
happens there.
Welcome to the River!
http://www.robyncarr.com

Terri DuLong
 Terri DuLong sees Spinning Forward Make Top 10 List
NEW YORK CITY, N.Y. — The holiday season saw Terri DuLong's debut novel,
SPINNING FORWARD, make the Dallas Morning News' Top 10 Fiction List. The
list is compiled by Legacy Books in Plano, Texas.
Meanwhile, Terri spent January concentrating on the final revisions for Book
2 in her Cedar Key series. As yet unnamed, this book will be the story of
Monica, Sydney's daughter. The novel will be released in November 2010.
That same month, Terri will participate in a Fern Michaels' anthology—with a
Cedar Key story, of course—for Kensington Books.
And for readers planning to attend the first Women's Fiction Day at the 2010
RT Booklovers Convention in Columbus, Ohio, on May 1, Terri will be hosting
a gathering for readers who would like to learn to knit—all in the name of
enjoying her Cedar Key books even more!
For the Cedar Key series news, visit
www.TerriDuLong.com<http://www.terridulong.com/>
.
http://www.terridulong.com

Louisa Edwards
 Louisa Edwards Counts Down to March 2 Release Date
NEW YORK CITY, N.Y. — It's just four short weeks to the release of Louisa
Edwards' second Recipe for Love novel.
ON THE STEAMY SIDE comes out March 2. The culinary romance has already been
chosen by Rhapsody Book Club as a Featured Alternate Selection.
Meanwhile, Edwards' debut novel—CAN'T STAND THE HEAT (St. Martin's
Paperbacks, September 2009)—continues to win the affections of reviewers and
readers alike. Reviewers at Romance Junkies picked the novel as their Blue
Ribbon Favorite in December. And the book earned a 5 stars out of 5 and was
deemed "simply delicious" by Steamy Dreamer this month.
That reviewer's favorite passage from the novel? "Food is also life. It's
who we are. People say ‘You are what you eat' all the time, but that's not
really how the saying goes. It's not so simple as ‘If you eat bacon, you're
a pig.' The actual quote is ‘Tell me what you eat, and I will tell you what
you are.' Jean Anthelme Brillat-Savarin, a French guy who wrote about taste
and gastronomy in the 19th century, said it. And he meant that food is like
this big clue—how we eat reveals a lot about how we feel about ourselves and
our world."
St. Martin's Paperbacks has also put its might behind Edwards' culinary
romance series, signing on for a trilogy of Recipe for Love novels for 2011.
Book 3—JUST A TASTE—will be published in September 2010.
For the latest Recipe for Love news, visit
www.LouisaEdwards.com<http://www.louisaedwards.com/>
.
http://www.louisaedwards.com

Kathy Lynn Emerson
From Kathy Lynn Emerson: I'm very excited to be part of a new project at
http://www.awriterswork.com. More than a dozen authors from several
different genres have banded together to offer their backlist titles
directly to readers at reasonable prices in e-book format. To start, my
contribution will be e-book versions of my anthology of historical
mysteries, MURDERS AND OTHER CONFUSIONS: THE CHRONICLES OF SUSANNA, LADY
APPLETON and also the second novel in the Diana Spaulding Mystery Quartet,
FATAL AS A FALLEN WOMAN. I'll be adding more titles later on, as well as
offering some original, never-before-published works. Our official launch
date is February 1st, but the site is live now and new information and
sample chapters of our offerings are being added daily. I hope you'll stop
by and take a look.
http://www.kathylynnemerson.com

Marie Ferrarella
 I've just been offered a new eight book contract with Silhouette, bringing
my career total to 228 books. It doesn't feel real. I consider myself one of
the luckiest women on the face of the earth.
http://www.marieferrarella.com

Dara Girard
 Dara Girard was thrilled to learn that BODY CHEMISTRY, the third book in
The Black Stockings Society series, has been nominated for Romantic Times'
Reviewer's Choice Award. She is also looking forward to the release of WORDS
OF SEDUCTION. Look for it on the shelves February 23rd.
http://www.daragirard.com

Amelia Grey
 April 2010, Book III in the Rogues' Dynasty Trilogy! AN EARL TO ENCHANT
HE'S DETERMINED NOT TO BE A HERO . . .
Lord Morgandale is as notorious as he is dashing, and he's determined no
woman will tie him down. But from the moment Arianna Sweet appears on his
doorstep, exhausted after a grueling journey, he cannot resist the lure of
the fascinating beauty, her exotic wardrobe, or tempting green eyes. Morgan
is determined to elude the parson's mousetrap. But can he save the lady
without losing his heart?
SHE HAS A DEADLY SECRET . . .
Arianna Sweet never imagined the significance of her father's research until
after his untimely death. Now she is in possession of his groundbreaking
discovery, a discovery that someone would kill for. She can't tell Lord
Morgandale her secret, but she knows she needs his help, desperately.
http://www.ameliagrey.com

Lori Handeland
Lori Handeland will be making her out of print novels available in e-book
format on a new website called A Writer's Work The first three books
available will be MOTHER OF THE YEAR, WHEN YOU WISH and DREAMS OF AN EAGLE.
This website should be live around February 1.
Lori also has a fan club for readers who like all things spooky. The Full
Moon Club shares new and fun information, special rewards and all kinds of
exclusive club offers, contests and gifts.
Each lunar cycle she sends out The Phoenix Chronicles, the newsletter of the
Full Moon Club, which contains lunar lore, recipes, legends of supernatural
beings from every culture, tales of the weird, and more. Sign up at
www.lorihandeland.com
http://www.lorihandeland.com

Sabrina Jeffries
 Sabrina Jeffries Unveils new Regency series with a Cast of Hellions! NEW
YORK CITY, N.Y. — This week saw the release of Sabrina Jeffries' new Regency
series inspired by one of England most scandalous families: the Barrymores!
Dubbed The Hellions of Halstead Hall, the series opens with THE TRUTH ABOUT
LORD STONEVILLE and the return of one of the most famous leftover heroes
from her School for Heiresses novels: the Marquee of Stoneville, Oliver
Sharpe.
Oliver, like his four siblings, faces a daunting ultimatum from his beloved
Grandmother Hetty: marry by year's end—or be cut off!
It's a challenge that begs for a clever retort as far as this rakehell is
concerned. And the marquess doesn't disappoint.
Reviews for THE TRUTH ABOUT LORD STONEVILLE have been glowing:
". . . a story combining her hallmark humor, poignancy and sensuality to
perfection." —RT Book Reviews, 4 ½ stars, Top Pick
"Jeffries has launched another sparkling series . . . Lively repartee, fast
action, luscious sensuality and an abundance of humor …" —Library Journal,
starred review
". . . a winning tale that is sure to please Regency fans . . . As (Oliver's
brothers and sisters) try to get the two together (they think if only Oliver
marries then they won't have to!), the story gets more entertaining . . . I
can't wait to read how each of them gets caught in the marriage trap!"
—Bookaholics Romance Book Club
To view an interview with Sabrina about how the new series came to be—and a
book trailer for THE TRUTH ABOUT LORD STONEVILLE—visit
www.SabrinaJeffries.com <http://www.sabrinajeffries.com/>.
http://www.sabrinajeffries.com

Nicole Jordan
 Nicole Jordan's TO TAME A DANGEROUS LORD came out January 26th! This is the
Earl of Haviland's story and Book 5 in Nicole's deliciously sexy Courtship
Wars series. Check out her website at NicoleJordanAuthor.com to read the
delightful character blogs in her Character Gallery, where Madeline and
Rayne debate the flaws and strengths of his unexpected marriage proposal.
And while you're there, download a full color bookmark from her New Release
page and enter her Contest to win the fabulous January prize!
"One of my all time favorite writers, Nicole Jordan delivers romance like no
one else. Captivating, enticing, and irresistible, her books are always on
my must buy list." — Sherrilyn Kenyon, #1 New York Times bestselling author
"Nicole Jordan creates appealing characters whose ability to arouse and
respond to passion without reservations is unequaled by many other romance
authors. The plot is incredible, humorous, adventurous and altogether
delightful! Congratulations, Ms. Jordan, on another definite best seller!" —
The Best Reviews
http://www.nicolejordanauthor.com

Shirley Jump
 Shirley Jump's latest release, JUST MARRIED, is in stores now! Also look
for her at Central Ohio Fiction Writers in Columbus, OH on February 13th,
where she'll be signing books and teaching a workshop on the "Rule of Six."
Visit her blog, www.shirleyjump.blogspot.com for this month's recipes and
more news!
http://www.shirleyjump.com

Cathie Linz
 MAD, BAD AND BLONDE by Cathie Linz (Berkley Sensation) — in stores March
2nd!
JILTED AT THE ALTAR!
Librarian Faith West is going on her Italian honeymoon solo, but she's not
staying that way for long. Does her sexy rebound man have ulterior motives?
When they both return to Chicago, Faith has her hands full keeping former
Force Recon Marine Caine Hunter in his place...and out of her bed.
Cathie loves the cover for her new book and is looking forward to chatting
with readers at the Writerspace Valentine's Soiree Sunday Feb. 14. But you
don't have to wait that long to chat with Cathie — join her on her Facebook
page or follow her on Twitter. Be sure to visit her website
cathielinz.comto enter her monthly contest to win a free book.
http://www.cathielinz.com

Julia London
 2010 is going to be an exciting year! In July, readers get to revisit Cedar
Springs with ONE SEASON OF SUNSHINE. In December, I'll have a new historical
series debut. THE YEAR OF LIVING SCANDALOUSLY will kick off the Secrets of
Hadley Green series. Happy reading!
http://www.julialondon.com

C.J. Lyons
BUY A BOOK, MAKE A DIFFERENCE
As a pediatric ER doctor turned author, I applaud the efforts of Doctors
Without Borders and their humanitarian aid during disasters such as the
recent earthquake in Haiti. In order to support their continuing good work,
I will be donating the royalties from the sales of four of my Kindle titles
from now until February 29, 2010 to Doctors Without Borders.
The titles, all romantic suspense novels, are:NERVES OF STEEL, BORROWED
TIME, CHASING SHADOWS, and LOST IN SHADOWS. For more information on these
titles or my Buy a Book, Make a Difference program, go to
http://www.cjlyons.net
If you don't like romantic suspense, you can still make a difference! Make a
donation to a worthy cause of your choice and pass this offer on to your
friends and family.
As always, thanks for reading! CJ
As a pediatric ER doctor, CJ Lyons has lived the life she writes about in
her cutting edge suspense novels. Her debut, LIFELINES (Berkley , March
2008), became a National Bestseller and Publishers Weekly proclaimed it a
"breathtakingly fast-paced medical thriller." The second in the series,
WARNING SIGNS, was released January, 2009 and the third, URGENT CARE, in
October, 2009.
http://www.cjlyons.net

Marliss Melton
 Marliss Melton (Navy SEAL Team Twelve author) reminds readers to place
their orders for THE MAMMOTH BOOK OF SPECIAL OPS ROMANCE being released May
10, 2010, featuring short stories written by Marliss Melton, Shannon K.
Butcher, Cheyenne McCray, Sydney Croft, and many others. You won't want to
miss this huge anthology!
http://www.marlissmelton.com

Joy Nash
 Sexy, shapeshifting Druids and stunning plot twists combine to make SILVER
SILENCE, the final installment in Joy Nash's Druids Of Avalon trilogy a
winner! The book has been nominated for RT BOOKReviews Reviewers' Choice
award for Best Historical Paranormal of 2009. Book One in the Druids series,
THE GRAIL KING, previously was honored by Romantic Times as the Best
Historical Fantasy of 2006. Book Two, DEEP MAGIC, won The Romance Studio's
Psyche Award in 2008.
Duty dooms Rhys to wander the endless roadways and wild forests, searching
for Druid initiates for Avalon. It's a hopeless, solitary life, and drives
Rhys to take refuge in shameful dark passions, even as he longs for the
young, innocent sister of his best friend.
Rhys knows he and Breena can never be together, but when Breena disappears
into the dangerous and mystical Lost Lands, he does not hesitate to follow
her. He finds himself in Britain's grim future, a troubled time when the
dark magic Breena has foreseen threatens to extinguish the Light of Avalon.
And Rhys discovers that only together can he and Breena unravel the secret
linking their past with the future King that is Britain's last hope.
http://www.joynash.com

Carly Phillips
 The Hot Zone series returns in 2010! If you missed them the first time or
want to revisit old friends, the Jordan sisters and their sports star heroes
are being reprinted with new covers starting with! HOT STUFF in January
2010. So give yourself a post-holiday treat with HOT STUFF! And don't
forget, the entire Lucky series, including LUCKY BREAK, is still on sale
online or at a bookstore near you! There is always something going on at
www.carlyphillips.com from Carly's new fan club, CLUB CARLY to Carly's
Monthly CONTEST ($25 Amazon Gift Card) click on the links and enter today!
http://www.carlyphillips.com

Erin Quinn
 Erin Quinn will be out and about in February, appearing at the Glendale
Chocolate Affair to sign copies of HAUNTING BEAUTY and her backlist titles,
ECHOES and WHISPERS (writing as Erin Grady). Her newest release, HAUNTING
WARRIOR will be out on May 4. Check www.erinquinnbooks.com for more
information and to enter her contests, sign up for her newsletter and learn
more.
http://www.erinquinn.info

Francis Ray
 I have 5 books scheduled for 2010 and it promises to be a fantastic year.
First up is Book # 6 in the Invincible Women series, IF YOU WERE MY MAN,
with a sizzling cover due to hit shelves March 3rd. Rafael is use to women
falling all over him. The one woman he can't forget is the one woman who
wants nothing to do with him. Ouch. Next up is FOREVER YOURS, a reissue and
the first book in the popular Taggart/Falcon series. IT HAD TO BE YOU, book
# 4 in the Grayson Series, follows on May 4th. In August ONLY HERS, book #2
is the Taggart/Falcon series makes an entrance. Rounding out the year is the
reissued HEART OF THE FALCON, book #3 in the series. I sincerely hope you'll
mark your calendar. With your help this is going to be a year to remember!!
http://www.francisray.com

Sheldon Russell
 Sheldon Russell's THE YARD DOG has received terrific reviews from Booklist,
Publishers Weekly Fresh Fiction, The Mercury News and many others. The
sequel, THE INSANE TRAIN: A HOOK RUNYON MYSTERY, is scheduled for release in
Sept. 2010.
http://www.sheldonrussell.com

Annie Solomon
 I'm thrilled to announce that my latest romantic suspense, ONE DEADLY SIN,
has been nominated for a Romantic Times Reviewer's Choice Award! The
revenge-gone-wrong story is about a biker chick and the cop who arrests her
for murder. If you want a chance to read it for yourself, check out the
excerpt on my website, www.anniesolomon.com. While you're there, stop by and
see what's happening in Annie's World, my blog.
http://www.anniesolomon.com

Helen Scott Taylor
 To celebrate the recent release of THE PHOENIX CHARM, the second in my
Magic Knot Fairies series, I have a free short fantasy romance story
available on the Dorchester website here. What reviewers are saying about
THE PHOENIX CHARM:
"…if you love paranormal adventures with mystical magical creatures and if
you love epic battles fought for good over evil and if you love your romance
on the sizzle burner then this read has all those bells and whistles."
—Larkspur, Long and Short Reviews "Best Book Rating"
"Set in a rich, maginative world that beautifully blends fantasy and
romance…"
—Lauren Becker, RT Bookreviews "Top Pick"
"This is a fast paced story that held my attention from the first page to
the last one. The fantasy world that Ms. Taylor has created is very
believable and the characters are intriguing. I can't wait to see what comes
—Robin, Night Owl Romance "Top Pick"
http://www.helenscotttaylor.com
--
Jamie in Michigan

Currently Reading: Finishing Touches by Hester Browne