[bksvol-discuss] Re: font size

  • From: "EVAN REESE" <mentat3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2008 01:04:21 -0400

I've thought about standardizing the font in books before, because of the
unreliability of OCR software to replicate font size and type consistently;
and there was in fact a discussion about this topic back in January, I
believe, when I advocated doing that. But a couple of people who haven't
been around lately posted here that K1000 was reliable at replicating font
size and type, despite some of my reported experiences at that time. I
followed the advice that was given at that time to trust K1000 to get that
stuff right and have, largely, left fonts alone. Because of the info posted
here lately, and some I have received off list, and some of my own
experiences since that last discussion, and how little effort it requires, I
will do the standardizing in the future.

Evan