[bksvol-discuss] Re: font size

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2008 23:07:41 -0700 (PDT)

I'm not positive that I understand your question, but I'll try.

One can change font size and type in Word, and I do for chapter titles and
places where the print book has enlarged type, e.g., for store signs in one
book I validated, or newspaper headlines in another. But my scanner doesn't
convert to the exact fonts that are in the book. For some of the validations
I've done I've had to make enlarged fonts smaller because they don't fit on the
page. I was told in the past that some don't fit properly on people's Braille
readers or whatever they're using to read, also. I seem to remember, and hope
I'm not wrong, that a size of 36 was the largest that would fit. Of course that
would depend on the font style, because some are smaller than others, but to be
safe I don't enlarge anything more than 36.

G.Cindy