[bksvol-discuss] Re: chopping books

  • From: "Roger Loran Bailey" <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2011 21:48:42 -0400

Even the word chop and book used in the same sentence makes me cringe. As a bibliophile long before I became blind I am aghast at destroying books. However the chopping consists of despining it so that it can be run through a high speed scanner. I don't know what kind of equipment is used to perform the mutilation, but it resides at the Bookshare offices. Those who want to despine their own books would, I suppose, have to use another means.

"Let the ruling classes tremble at a Communistic revolution. The proletarians have nothing to lose but their chains. They have a world to win. Working people of all countries unite!" - Karl Marx

The Militant:
http://www.themilitant.com
Pathfinder Press:
http://www.pathfinderpress.com