[bksvol-discuss] Re: chopping books

  • From: Melissa Smith <mdsmith25@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 18:05:45 -0500

In the past, this has been fixed on the receiver's end by changing the character encoding in their email client. I'm not sure what email client you're using, so can't give specific instructions, but it can usually be found in the view menu.

Here is the contents of Scott's last message.
Roger,
Your aversion is shared by everyone here at Bookshare. It is a bit of trial by fire that new volunteers and staff go through here when they "kill" their first book. The machine used to despine books is basically a guillotine powered by an electric motor to press the blade down through thick books. The one at Bookshare is about 3 feet wide by 4 feet deep and has legs that have it standing about three feet off
the floor.
Places like Kinkos may have such a machine. We have never needed to check.

Melissa Smith

On 7/15/2011 5:15 PM, Larry Lumpkin wrote:

Scott,

Your messages are coming to me blank. I’m a JAWS user.