[bksvol-discuss] Re: chopping books

  • From: Julia <julia.kulak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 19:19:10 -0400

                    Hi list.
I've never intentionally chopped a book, although I have taken two apart. The first one, "The Rich are different" by Susan Howatch, didn't turn out too well, and has never been submitted to bookshare, because I scanned it with the glue still attached, so it had major border problems. The more recent one, was more upsetting to me, because it started to fall apart on it's own, whereas the first debinding was a conscious choice. Also, it was a rare paperback, so I was sad to see it reduced to such a condition. The book in question was "I am Mary Tudor," by Hilda Lewis.
Julia

On 14/07/2011 9:14 PM, Charisma wrote:
I saw Scott's note about chopping a book and wondered how others do
this. I have scanned intact books so far except the brain injury book
which I owned.

That one I:
--carefully pulled away from the paperback binding
--pulled each page off separately
--trimmed any ragged edges, a few pages at a time, with my scissors

Do you go to Kinko's or something to get booked chopped?

Charisma