[bksvol-discuss] Re: chopping books

  • From: Scott Rains <scottr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2011 14:57:40 -0700

Thanks, Melissa.
Thanks for the head's up, Larry. The garbled emails problem resurfaced last
week but I had not known that mine were coming out in invisible ink in JAWS
again. I will see what can be done on Monday.

On the topic of chopping again, one of Benetech's engineers is having us save
the spines of chopped books for an art project:

"... so he can create some sort of sculpture or mosaic from them.  He is
interested in the concept of transformative technology, something that bridges
a gap between old and new.  Another example he gave was the cassette/CD players
that were popular in the 90's but are rarely seen now.  That technology,
however, does not produce a byproduct with which you could create art."

Scott