[bksvol-discuss] Re: bookbooks

  • From: "Monica Willyard" <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 11:11:52 -0400

Kim, you can put your book or scanner in any position you like. I have mine
set up like yours with the lid at the back. Scanners come in different sizes
and shapes. Because of that, and because of our computer desks, we all have
slightly different set-ups. Kurzweil will detect if pages are upside down or
sideways. It's something I really like about the program.

Just relax and try scanning something simple like a letter or a page in a
novel. You'll find that you learn so much by experimenting. You can't hurt
your scanner or crash your computer by scanning something. If it doesn't
come out well, it just means that you need to adjust your settings in
Kurzweil. We can teach you how to do that. You can do this. I can tell
you're a sharp woman, and you're going to have fun once you get started.
(smile)

Monica Willyard