[bksvol-discuss] Re: another PQ question

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2011 17:02:09 -0500

Yup, it is covered in the rules. smile. If someone is a member, they can't get books directly from another member. Members can't swap or share any books they download from bookshare with each other. Members must download books themselves. The digital signature that's added into any book you download is created partially to help assure publishers that it's trackable if someone does share their copies, and makes that person liable for copyright violation.

I hope that someday we members can have access to multiple versions of the same book, PQ and volunteer scanned, on bookshare, but unfortunately right now that's not generally the case.

Judy s.

Quoting Charisma <wishfulfish@xxxxxxxxx>:

OK, so a new question, and this may be covered in the rules, actually.

Say I have a book and it is volunteer, then a PQ replaces it.
But say the PQ is awful or something. I still have the download of the
volunteer copy on my computer. Someone else is looking for the old
volunteer copy. Do the rules of Bookshare let me share the old
volunteer copy with a fellow member?

Like email the download of it?

Charisma