[bksvol-discuss] Re: another PQ question

  • From: Ali Al-Hajamy <aalhajamy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2011 17:33:32 -0400

That's a very interesting question, and I think I want the answer to
it as well. Two reasons I prefer volunteer produced copies of books
are the page numbers and image descriptions, when they are in the
book. I'm not sure if you can share your volunteer copy with another
member. I'm thinking you can, because at the time it was produced, it
had not been aproved to go into the collection, and thus the file had
no watermarks identifying it as yours. Yet sharing of books is against
the terms of service. But does that apply to books that have been
scanned by someone else and have not yet gone into the collection, or
only to books already in the collection?