[bksvol-discuss] Re: TXT and page breaks

  • From: "Jesse Fahnestock" <Jesse.F@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 09:07:44 -0700

Tom, there is such a program that is run on every book. The program attempts to
algorithmically retain the page breaks from the submitted file based on page
number and break positioning, and if no such information exists, inserts page
breaks on its own based on number of lines. There is a bug/design flaw that
keeps it from doing this in the BRF versions, but every DAISY book gets this
treatment. What we're discussing is ASCII text submit files that don't have
page information, i.e., ones that are passed to Bookshare.org without such
information. As noted in previous messages, volunteers are free to add
pagination in either ASCII or RTF if they would like as part of their
validation. This will then be carried over to the DAISY version of the book by
the automated tool.

jesse.