[bksvol-discuss] Re: TXT and page breaks

  • From: "Jesse Fahnestock" <Jesse.F@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 14:07:03 -0700

In TextPad, Word Wrap is Ctrl+Q, W, or Configure menu, Word Wrap.

After Pratik posted the below the first time, I discovered that Bookshare.org's
processing software does indeed recognized form feed characters, or page breaks
in ascii files. In TextPad, you can insert this character with Ctrl+Shift+L, or
Edit, Insert, Page Break using menus.

I'd encourage folks who are validating text files to use this method to insert
page breaks.

Jill -- your process is correct. You needn't worry too much about doing more.
If you would like to help increase the likelihood of Bookshare.org's DAISY
conversion software retaining the pagination of the file you're validating, you
also may "normalize" the headers and footers around page breaks. This is not
required. If you would like information on doing this, I can forward it to you
offline (it should have been included with the original validation instructions
sent to new volunteers).

jesse.