[bksvol-discuss] Re: TXT and page breaks

  • From: "Tom Masterson" <kd7cyu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 19:29:23 -0700

I have not followed all of this thread but I can say this.  It would be a
fairly easy matter to create a program that would put in page breaks at an
appropriate spot.  You would have to pick the approximate number of
characters on a print page (arount 70 pere line and 56 lines) and either put
in the page break or look for the page numbers.  I will note that in the brf
books I normally read there are rarely page numbers (which is fine).  I also
don't think adding page breaks even in the wrong places will hurt copyright
as it is done all the time for hardcopy braille.  I am not a lawyer but it
seems that it doesn't really change either the format or the content.  I am
actually suprised that bookshare doesn't already have a program to put in
page breaks if it is important.  If this would be of interest let me know
and I will see what I can throw together in my small amounts of spare time.

Tom Masterson