[bksvol-discuss] Re: TXT and page breaks

  • From: Jill O'Connell <jillocon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 09:52:49 -0700

I have been validating, not scanning; it was my understanding from reading
the material on validating that we were to leave the file in text if that's
the way we received it. Now it seems you are saying something different. And
just to clarify for me, do we assume that the page break is where the page
number is? The approach I have taken so far as to work with the document in
RTF or text, the form it was in when I downloaded it and simply edit for
spelling errors, junk chars etc. I would like to have you clarify this if my
approach is not correct since I have so far had only one opportunity to see
something I validated and it didn't seem that Bookshare had made any changes
since it left my hands. I think we all need in depth help with these
concepts; at least I know I do.