[bksvol-discuss] Submitted/nonfiction

  • From: "Deborah Murray" <blinkeeblink@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 09:05:18 -0400

Hi all,

I've just submitted for proofing "Chomsky On Anarchism" by Noam Chomsky and
Barry Pateman.

It's been read and spell-checked. Headers stripped, page numbers/chapter
titles present, text/headings/footnotes formatted. 249 pages.

We all know what Noam Chomsky is against.  His scathing analysis of
everything that's wrong with our society reaches more and more people every
day.  His brilliant critiques of-among other things-capitalism, imperialism,
domestic repression and government propaganda have become mini-publishing
industries unto themselves.  But, in this flood of publishing and
republishing, very little ever gets said about what exactly Chomsky stands
for, his own personal politics, his vision of the future.  Not, that is,
untilChomsky on Anarchism, a groundbreaking new book that shows a different
side of this best-selling author: the anarchist principles that have guided
him since he was a teenager.  This collection of Chomsky's essays and
inter-views includes numerous pieces that have never been published before,
as well as rare material that first saw the light of day in hard-to-find
pamphlets and anarchist periodicals.  Taken together, they paint a fresh
picture of Chomsky, showing his lifelong involvement with the anarchist
community, his constant commitment to nonhierarchical models of political
organization and his hopes for a future world without rulers.  For anyone
who's been touched by Chomsky's trenchant analysis of our current situation,
as well as anyone looking for an intelligent and coherent discussion of
anarchism itself, look no further thanChomsky on Anarchism.

Deborah