[bksvol-discuss] Submitted/nonfiction

  • From: "Deborah Murray" <blinkeeblink@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2011 16:52:35 -0400

Hi all,

I've just submitted for proofing "Truths Among Us: Conversations On Building
a New Culture" by Derrick Jensen.

It's been read through w/errors corrected, headers stripped, page
numbers/chapter titles present, text/headings formatted. 260 pages.
I suggest removing the "adult" designation.

From acclaimed author Derrick Jensen comes a prescient, thought-provoking
collection of interviews with 10 leading writers, philosophers, teachers,
and activists who argue against society's belief that corporations and
governments know what is best for the future, instead choosing to help
acknowledge the values we know in our hearts are right?and inspire within us
the courage to act on them.  Among those who share their wisdom here are
acclaimed sociologist Stanley Aronowitz, who shows that science is but one
lens for discovering knowledge; Luis Rodriguez, poet and peacemaker, who
suggests embracing gang members as people instead of stereotypes; Judith
Herman, who offers a deeper understanding of the psychology of abusers; Paul
Stamets, who reveals the power of fungi that is often ignored; and writer
Richard Drinnon, who reminds us that our spiritual paths need not be
narrowed by the limiting mythologies of Western civilization.  Reaching
toward a common goal of harmony with the world surrounding us all, these
diverse voices articulate different yet shared visions of activism.

Deborah