[bksvol-discuss] Submission

  • From: "Lori Castner" <loralee.castner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 May 2009 17:11:03 -0700

Hi, Everyone,

I have just submitted the book Small Strong Congregations.  I have read through
the book completely and protected page numbers and stripped headings.  It
should be an easy validation, and for anyone interested in the topic, the book
is extremely informative and very readable.

The synopsis is below.

I truly hope someone will enjoy this book.

Cat Lover Lori
Create a small, strong congregation that is dedicated to advancing God's
mission"The
twenty-first century is the century of small, strong congregations. More people
will
be drawn to small, strong congregations than any other kind of congregation.
Yes,
there are mega-congregations; Their number is increasing greatly. Nevertheless,
across
the planet, the vast majority of congregations will be small and strong, and the
vast majority of people will be in these congregations."With uncommon wisdom
Kennon L. Callahan--today's most noted church consultant--moves ahead of
conventional thinking
and in Small, Strong Congregations offers his unique vision of the church of
the future.This important book chronicles the emergence of a vast number of
congregations
that are questioning the bigger-is-better notion in church membership. These
congregations are deliberately small, active, and happy in their dedication to
creating strong church communities that advance God's mission. Step by step,
Kennon Callahan shows pastors and other church leaders how they can develop the
values and specific qualities helpful to shape and strengthen their own small
congregations.Written to be a hands-on
guide, Small, Strong Congregations offers practical suggestions for creating
mission and service, compassion and shepherding, community and belonging,
self-reliance and self-sufficiency, worship and hope, teams and leaders, space
and facilities, and giving and generosity. This wise resource is filled with
illustrative examples that show clearly how myriad small churches have created
solid, vigorous congregations.