[bksvol-discuss] Submission

  • From: "Deborah Murray" <blinkeeblink@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BookShare" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 23:28:54 -0400

Hi all,

I've just submitted for validation The Separation of Church and State:
Writings on a Fundamental Freedom by America's Founders by Forrest Church.

It's been read through and pre-validated. Headers stripped; page numbers and
chapter titles protected. K1000 ranked spelling over 99.9%.

[From the book jacket]
Americans will never stop debating the question of church-state separation.
Courts across the country perpetually hear cases on religion's place in our
schools, civic government, and society at large. Such debates lead us back
to the nation's beginnings and the founders' intent.
The Separation of Church and State presents, for the first time, a basic
collection of the founders' teachings on this topic. Readers can see for
themselves why George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, and James
Madison-together with leading evangelical Christians of the day-believed
passionately in church-state separation. This concise primer gets past the
rhetoric that surrounds the current debate, placing the founders' vivid
writings on religious liberty in historical perspective.

Deborah