[bksvol-discuss] Re: Rich Text Format

  • From: "Pratik Patel" <pratikp1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2004 00:44:08 -0400

Jackie,

What version of M$ word are you using?

Pratik

Pratik Patel
Managing Director
CUNYAssistive Technology Services
The City University of New York
     ppatel@xxxxxx

  _____

From: bksvol-discuss-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:bksvol-discuss-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jackie M.
Sent: Monday, July 05, 2004 3:06 PM
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Rich Text Format

Hi, Folks,

I finished checking "Remember When" by Nora Roberts.  But when I went to
upload it, it said that I was not submitting rich text format.  I saved it
in Word as .rtf, so why isn't it rich text format?

I sent a message to Jesse, who asked me if the book had been originally a
Kurzweil book converted to .rtf.  I don't know, and can't remember the name
of the person who submitted it.  Apparently, they have had some problems
with Kurzweil-converted books in the past.  I forwarded the .rtf version to
Jesse, so hopefully he can resolve it.  I suggested changing it to a .txt
file, then submitting it.  No response about that yet.  I think they prefer
.rtf.  Anybody else have two cents worth on this one?

- Jackie McCraw
Seattle, WA