[bksvol-discuss] Re: I have got to try this!!!

  • From: "Evan Reese" <mentat1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2012 12:48:58 -0500

I was going to say the same thing. I've recognized only a few pdf files. I've
started doing it more in recent months as I find stuff on the Internet in pdf
that I want to read. While there are some errors, I haven't found them to come
out badly at all with my K1000 version 11.03. It may be relevant that the few
files I've been recognizing so far have been academic papers, so are pretty
much all text and no images. I can imagine that OCR might be worse if the file
were more of a mixture of text and images.

Evan