[bksvol-discuss] Re: Fwd: Latin books

  • From: "Sarah Van Oosterwijck" <curiousentity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 20:37:52 -0500

You certainly should be able to choose more than one language, and I suspect that it not only helps with the spelling issues but also allows the program to make better judgements about the correct letters. Of course it is far more important for languages that use different letters or accent marks. I really hate to come accross books that were scanned with no regard to language. It is bad enough that they are damaged by braille translation when they are put on bookshare if they are not either English or Spanish.

Sarah Van Oosterwijck
Assistive Technology Trainer
http://home.earthlink.net/~netentity

----- Original Message ----- From: "Carrie Karnos" <ckarnos@xxxxxxxxx>