[bksvol-discuss] Re: Fwd: Latin books

  • From: "Kaitlyn Hill" <Kaitlyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2005 12:28:58 -0700

Hello:)

IF this is the book from Lena, I spoke with her yesterday and she will be
sending me that book along with some others for scanning.

I will put out the offer again, Anyone that have books that don't mined them
being chopped and want them scanned do let me know. I actually enjoy the
scanning more than that validating though I have done a lot of both since
April.

Let's see at last count I have scanned and submitted 31 books. Going for the
100 mark by April:)

I did have some fun this morning. I had a book that I did a few pages of
with my general settings. I was only getting about a 98.6 to 98.8
recognition rate. After playing with the brightness I was able to get it up
to between 99.5 and 99.9 depending on the page. So playing with settings can
make a big difference.

Kaitlyn
Healing Practitioner
"The cost of a thing is the amount of what I call life, which is required to
be exchanged for it immediately or in the long run."
Henry Thoreau