[bksvol-discuss] Re: Fwd: Latin books

  • From: "Jake Brownell" <jabrown@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 15:06:40 -0500

Lissi,
    FineReader is an OCR package that is available commercially as a stand
alone application. OpenBook and Kurzweil use FineReader as their recognition
engine and provide a blind friendly interface for it.
    So if the budget allows I would look at Kurzweil, if you already have
OpenBook, look into a competitive upgrade to Kurzweil, its usually $595, but
right now it is $545, instead of the full product which is $995.

    If the budget doesn't allow it, FineReader itself does a good job at giving
you an RTF of the books you scan.

HTH,
Jake