[bksvol-discuss] Re: Copyright question

  • From: "Gerald Hovas" <geraldhovas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 18:28:19 -0500

Cindy,

The claimant is the copyright holder, and I believe the copyright date is
the registration date, but I've never run across a book where the year of
the publication and registration dates disagree.  It definitely is not the
creation date.  I've run across several books where the year of the creation
date disagrees with the year of the other two dates, and the creation date
was not the one printed in the book.  Here's a good example.  If you look at
The Broker by John Grisham, you will see a creation date of 2004 and a
publication date and registration date of 2005, then if you check Bookshare
you will see the copyright date was entered as 2005.

Gerald