[bksvol-discuss] Re: Book Question

  • From: Debby Franson <the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 23:02:45 -0600

Hi Jamie and everyone!

How about [Day] and [June] incerted as chapter titles? Being in brackets, it would sho that they were added by you, Jamie, since you are scanning the book.

That's the way I would handle it if I wre you, though I'm not the authority, so go with what someone with authority says.

Debby

At 07:34 PM 2/12/2012, Jamie Yates, CPhT wrote
Ok, it's like this (I typed this morning after I'd been up all night and then this evening when I just got up so maybe neither of my explanations was any good!)

Instead of Chapter 1 it says DAY
then the whole chapter is in gold and like an Arial font.

Then instead of Chapter 2 it says JUNE and the whole chapter is in black and like a Times font.

And it flips back and forth throughout the whole book that way. Day, (gold) then June (black) then Day (gold) then June (black).

There really aren't any "chapter headings" because the chapters, IMO, are designated by the color and font.

Kind of puts a crimp in the restrictive rules Bookshare has for using only one font.

And you can't just say ok June will be italics and Day will be regular, because italics are used in the book in some places.

Does that make more sense now that I've woken up properly and had a good hot meal? smile
--
Jamie in Michigan

Currently Reading: Mallory's Oracle by Carol O'Connell

See everything I've read this year at: <http://www.michiganrxtech.com/books.html>www.michiganrxtech.com/books.html

                                --
                mailto:<the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
--

"Teach me, and I will hold my tongue
; Cause me to understand wherein I have erred.